Many Vietnamese now are using the Internet to support the pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong. Many Vietnamese are changing their Facebook profile pictures to the symbol of a dove (a white bird that represents peace) tied with a yellow ribbon. (listen)
Words in this Story
- territorial - adj. relating to the ownership of an area of land or sea
- symbol - n. a thing that represents or stands for something else.
- ribbon – n. a long piece of material used for tying something or for decoration
- avatar - n. an icon or figure representing a person on the Internet or in computer games
- resolution - n. the action of solving a problem or a dispute