Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Reporting Elder Abuse in Santa Clara County

How to Report Elder Abuse in Santa Clara County

The San Jose Police Department and Adults Protective Services are the two agencies charged with receiving reports of elder abuse occurring in San Jose. These agencies are also responsible for the joint investigation of elder abuse allegations. You may report suspicions of elder abuse to the San Jose Police Department 24 hours a day by calling 911. The operator will ask you to describe the circumstances and then dispatch a patrol officer to take a report.

You may also contact the Santa Clara County Adults Protective Services at:
(408) 975-4900 or (800) 414-2002 (within California Only).

Types Of Elder And Dependent Adult Abuse

  • Physical Abuse
  • Psychological Abuse
  • Neglect and Self-Neglect

Other Resources for Seniors in Santa Clara County

  • Senior Nutrition Program (SNP) 408-975-4860
  • Public Administrator/Guardian/Conservator (PA/G/C) 408-577-2500
  • In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) 408-975-4899
  • Department of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS) 408-975-4848
  • California Department of Mental Health 916-654-3565
  • Long Term Care Ombudsman (OMB) 408-944-0567

1 comment:

long island nursing homes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.